Monday, January 07, 2008

And thus she’s mine forever

I felt her eyes on me. I looked sideways towards the fireplace. And true enough, I found her eyes turned in my direction. Those lovely eyes, limpid pools and all that. How they would dance with life! Sigh. Once upon a time this simple act and fact would’ve made me the most happiest man alive. To know she was looking at me. And I wanted that feeling to be mine forever. I tried. But it just wasn’t the same. Once upon a time I would have been the happiest man alive just knowing she was near me. No longer. It’s all over. It’s time to move on. It’s time to get back to life. And to find a place in the basement for the formaldehyde jar that contain her eyeballs. Closer to the rest of her. Can’t think I can take it no more….with their gaze on me all the time.

2 comments:

Nitin said...

I think you need to get married :)

Shenoy said...

you're just saying that cos i asked how much mileage your bike gives!! so you can ask me how much my wife will eat!!! aha....see!